Rugby Rebels  

Go Back   Rugby Rebels > Rugby Forums > England

England England Rugby

Old 16-04-2012, 03:13 PM
Kiss my ring

Stom Is surely a special oneStom Is surely a special oneStom Is surely a special oneStom Is surely a special oneStom Is surely a special oneStom Is surely a special oneStom Is surely a special oneStom Is surely a special oneStom Is surely a special oneStom Is surely a special oneStom Is surely a special one

Quote:
Originally Posted by nun the wiser View Post
If they end level on points, they will almost certainly have the same number of wins. Wasps' points difference is currently abour 50 better than Newcastle. Not a clue on the tries though.
Wasps have 29 tries, Newcaslte 24.
Old 16-04-2012, 10:31 PM
Redheaded Rebel

Freknōttr Is surely a special oneFreknōttr Is surely a special oneFreknōttr Is surely a special oneFreknōttr Is surely a special oneFreknōttr Is surely a special oneFreknōttr Is surely a special oneFreknōttr Is surely a special oneFreknōttr Is surely a special oneFreknōttr Is surely a special oneFreknōttr Is surely a special oneFreknōttr Is surely a special one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spoofer View Post
I think for the survival of the club you have to stay up. As a quins fan I hated being relegated but it turned out to be a very good thing for us. However I think I wasps are relegated with their present financial predicament it could be fatal.
I think this is absolutely spot on. When Quins and Saints went down they had their own grounds and a well-established fanbase, as well as owners prepared to stick by them. Wasps...don't seem to have any of these things.

However, even if they do stay up, I think next season will be very difficult for them and they may be scrapping around in relegation battles for the next few seasons whilst (hopefully) the new owner starts to inject some cash and help sort them out.
Old 17-04-2012, 08:06 AM

TheNomad Is surely a special oneTheNomad Is surely a special oneTheNomad Is surely a special oneTheNomad Is surely a special oneTheNomad Is surely a special oneTheNomad Is surely a special oneTheNomad Is surely a special oneTheNomad Is surely a special oneTheNomad Is surely a special oneTheNomad Is surely a special oneTheNomad Is surely a special one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freknōttr View Post
I think this is absolutely spot on. When Quins and Saints went down they had their own grounds and a well-established fanbase, as well as owners prepared to stick by them. Wasps...don't seem to have any of these things.

However, even if they do stay up, I think next season will be very difficult for them and they may be scrapping around in relegation battles for the next few seasons whilst (hopefully) the new owner starts to inject some cash and help sort them out.
Certainly agree with the first paragraph.

I also get where you're coming from re: next season, but I do think that if (1) they stay up; and (2) they get bought by someone stable, that they'll be better next year.

I can't think they'll be quite so unlucky when it comes to injuries, their promising young players (of which there are several) will have a year's more experience, and they'll have (in theory anyway) added the likes of Tom Palmer, Haskell and Ashley Johnson (who is an absolute monster) to their pack.

With a couple of extra well thought out signings I think they'll have a side well capable of staying in the league.

Lots of 'ifs' in the post above, admittedly, but I for one hope they stay up for exactly the reasons in this thread.
Old 17-04-2012, 12:38 PM
Jinxy

Waspy Is surely a special oneWaspy Is surely a special oneWaspy Is surely a special oneWaspy Is surely a special oneWaspy Is surely a special oneWaspy Is surely a special oneWaspy Is surely a special oneWaspy Is surely a special oneWaspy Is surely a special oneWaspy Is surely a special oneWaspy Is surely a special one

We need someone to buy us a permanent ground, or it's only a matter of time before the club ceases to exist.

Richard Branson, are you listening?
Old 20-04-2012, 10:52 PM
Banned

awinisawin Is surely a special oneawinisawin Is surely a special oneawinisawin Is surely a special oneawinisawin Is surely a special oneawinisawin Is surely a special oneawinisawin Is surely a special oneawinisawin Is surely a special oneawinisawin Is surely a special oneawinisawin Is surely a special oneawinisawin Is surely a special oneawinisawin Is surely a special one

Newcastle 3 - 9 Saracens

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/rugby-union/17748143

Newcastle get a point so they are 3 behind us. Beat Bath tmrw or beat Newcastle at home and we are safe (not financially).
Old 20-04-2012, 11:19 PM
4th Earl of Bloodgate

Drama Quin Is surely a special oneDrama Quin Is surely a special oneDrama Quin Is surely a special oneDrama Quin Is surely a special oneDrama Quin Is surely a special oneDrama Quin Is surely a special oneDrama Quin Is surely a special oneDrama Quin Is surely a special oneDrama Quin Is surely a special oneDrama Quin Is surely a special oneDrama Quin Is surely a special one

Wasps are basically safe. Bath are sh*t so a losing bonus point should be in their grasp.

I'd much rather be in their position than Newcastle. 3 or 4 point gap at home should see them through. Assuming they get nothing from the game tomorrow they only have to finish within 7 of Newcastle on the final weekend.

Newcastle will need Wasps to lose tomorrow AND will need to beat them by more than 8 and/or beat them by scoring 4 or more tries.
Old 22-04-2012, 10:46 AM
Augustus Gloop

words Is surely a special onewords Is surely a special onewords Is surely a special onewords Is surely a special onewords Is surely a special onewords Is surely a special onewords Is surely a special onewords Is surely a special onewords Is surely a special onewords Is surely a special onewords Is surely a special one

Wasps are really going to have to balls this up not to stay in the Premiership.